Chicken Fajita Packets
- 1 1/2 cups instant white rice, uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 4 small boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 each green and red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup Mexican style shredded taco cheese or regular cheddar cheese
- Sour cream for garnish
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Fold up all sides of each of four sheets of foil to form 1-inch rim; spray
foil with cooking spray.
- Combine rice, water and taco seasoning; spoon onto centers of foil.
- Top with remaining ingredients.
- Bring up foil sides. Double-fold top and ends to seal each packet, leaving
room for heat circulation inside.
- Place in a baking pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before opening to serve.
Disclaimer: For health reasons, we do not encourage cooking in aluminum foil. We suggest either parchment baking paper or, if grilling, natural cedar wraps.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.