Filo Chicken Packets
- 3/4 cup chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon dry tarragon
- 2/3 cup melted butter
- 12 sheets filo dough
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Mix onion, mayonnaise, lemon juice, 2 cloves garlic (combine the other clove
with butter) and tarragon. Set aside.
- Place 1 thawed sheet of filo on a board and brush with 2 teaspoons garlic
- Arrange a second sheet on top and brush with 2 teaspoons garlic butter.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Spread one side of chicken with mayonnaise mixture and turn into one corner
of filo dough.
- Top the other side of chicken with more mayonnaise (about 3 tablespoons
- Wrap and fold chicken in a packet.
- Place on a baking sheet; brush with garlic butter.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes until golden. (Can be made ahead
and frozen, thaw covered.)