Foil Wrapped Pears and Caramel Sauce
- 2 tablespoons room temperature sweet butter
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- Generous pinch of cinnamon
- 1 comice or Anjou pear
- 1 navel orange halved
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blend together butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cut pear in half and remove core and cut off stem and blossom end. Do not peel the pear.
- Place each pear half cored side up on a large square of doubled heavy duty foil.
- Scoop up 1/2 of the butter sugar mixture and form into a ball and press into pear cavity.
- Gather foil up around pear and squeeze juice from 1 orange half over pear. Close foil around pear.
- Repeat with other half.
- Place wrapped pears on a baking sheet and bake until very soft, about 1 hour.
- Remove pear from foil and place on plate; drizzle with caramel sauce.
Disclaimer: For health reasons, we do not encourage cooking in aluminum foil. We suggest either parchment baking paper or, if grilling, natural cedar wraps.