Greek Chicken and Potato Packets
- 4 (18 x 12-inch) sheets heavy duty aluminum foil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 1/3 pounds (4 medium) potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced, pitted Kalamata olives or sliced ripe olives
- 1 medium tomato, cut into thin wedges
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F or set grill to medium-high. Spray foil with
nonstick cooking spray.
- Center one chicken breast half on each sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Combine potatoes, olive oil and garlic.
- Arrange potatoes around chicken.
- Sprinkle chicken and potatoes with oregano, salt and pepper.
- Top with olives.
- Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal packet, leaving room
for heat circulation inside.
- Repeat to make four packets.
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes on a cookie sheet in oven or grill for 18 to 22
minutes in covered grill.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes and feta cheese before serving.
Yield: 4 servings