Grilled Meat Loaf Meal Packets
Dinner's in an easy-to-assemble packet! Grill meat, potatoes and carrots
for a satisfying meal.
Make these packets up to 24 hours in advance. Pop them on the grill when you
are ready to eat.
Although these hearty packets can be a complete meal, a crisp mixed-greens salad
would be a nice addition.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) package onion recipe and dip soup mix (from 2-ounce box)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Progresso plain bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 bag (1 pound 4 ounces) refrigerated new potato wedges*
- 3 cups ready-to-eat baby-cut carrots
- Fresh parsley, if desired
* Fresh new potatoes, cut into wedges, can be used instead of the refrigerated
potatoes. Because the refrigerated potatoes are partially cooked, microwave the
fresh ones for 4 to 6 minutes before adding them to the packets.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Cut 6 (18 x 10-inch) sheets of heavy-duty foil;
spray with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, mix beef, dry soup mix, egg, milk and bread crumbs.
- Shape into 6 loaves, 4 x 2 1/2 x 1 inch.
- Place 1 loaf on each foil sheet; top each with about 1 tablespoon of the
- Place about 1/2 cup potatoes and 1/2 cup carrots around each loaf.
- Bring up 2 sides of foil so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch
fold; fold again, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion. Fold other sides to seal.
- Place packets on grill. Cover grill; cook over medium heat 25 to 30 minutes,
rotating packets 1/2 turn after 15 minutes, until vegetables are tender and
meat thermometer inserted in center of loaves reads 160 degrees F.
- To serve, cut large X across top of each packet; carefully fold back foil
to allow steam to escape. Garnish with parsley.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 370 (Calories from Fat 130); Total
Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 110mg; Sodium 850mg; Total
Carbohydrate 32g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 12g); Protein 27g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 150%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 10%; Iron 40%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Vegetable; 3 Medium-Fat Meat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Betty Crocker
Disclaimer: For health reasons, we do not encourage cooking in aluminum foil. We suggest either parchment baking paper or, if grilling, natural cedar wraps.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.