Hobo Corn on the Cob
- 1 (18 x 24-inch) sheet heavy duty aluminum foil
- 4 ears corn on the cob, husked
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Salt and pepper to taste OR seasoning salt
- 2 ice cubes
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F or build a medium-high grill in campfire or barbecue.
- Spread margarine on corn.
- Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Top with ice cubes.
- Place corn in aluminum foil.
- Double fold top and ends to seal making one large foil packet (see photo
for folding instructions). Or place ingredients in an aluminum cooking bag and
seal carefully. Leave room for heat circulation inside.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes on a cookie sheet in oven OR grill 15 to 20 minutes.
Turn packet over once during cooking.
- Open carefully to avoid steam and enjoy.
Yield: 4 servings