Italian Chicken Packets
- 1 chicken, quartered, or 2 pieces chicken per packet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 fresh ripe tomatoes or 1 can drained tomatoes, chopped
- 4 large green olives, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 bay leaves
- Wash chicken quarters or pieces; drain and pat dry.
- Peel and chop tomatoes if using fresh tomatoes.
- Cut 4 (12-inch) pieces of aluminum foil, and grease one side of each with
- Place a chicken quarter or chicken pieces in center of each piece of foil.
- Combine onion, garlic, tomatoes, olives, basil, oregano, celery salt, and
pepper and mix well.
- Spoon sauce over each chicken packet. Top with a bay leaf.
- Fold foil into neat, sealed packages. Place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 40 minutes to one hour, until chicken is cooked.
- Serve from package.
Yield: 4 servings