Mexican Chicken Packets
Mexican Chicken Packets are great with creamy pasta, colorful Spanish rice or
just plain baked potatoes.
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 (7 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons
dried ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 pieces chicken,
with skin on and bone in, about 2 1/2 to 3 pounds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken. Mix well.
- Lay out 4 pieces of aluminum foil or parchment paper about double the size
of each piece of chicken.
- Lay chicken on half of each foil piece, skin-side down, and paint with sauce.
- Turn chicken, skin-side up, and paint with remaining sauce.
- Wrap each piece of foil or parchment around chicken and fold edges to seal
- Place chicken pieces on a cookie sheet and bake for 55 minutes to 75 minutes
for large pieces. Chicken should be fully cooked when juices run clear and no
- Place pouches on heated dinner plates and let guests open them at the table.