Packet and Foil Meal Recipes
Mustardy Pork Chop Packet
- 1/4 teaspoon vegetable or olive oil
- 1 thick slice onion
- 1 (5 ounce) boneless pork chop
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sprig of rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Oil well a 12 inch square of aluminum foil.
- Place onion slice on half of foil.
- Trim fat from chop, spread both sides with mustard, place on onion, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and top with rosemary if desired.
- Close foil to form a triangle, rolling edges and crimping firmly to seal, turning sealed edges upward. Ensure that packet is tightly closed, as a lot of juice is made during baking.
- Place in baking pan and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, depending on thickness of chop, or until chop is no longer pink in center.
- Transfer packet to dinner plate, open and turn chop with onion and juices onto plate.
- Serve, if desired, with baked potato or baked sweet potato.
Disclaimer: For health reasons, we do not encourage cooking in aluminum foil. We suggest either parchment baking paper or, if grilling, natural cedar wraps.