Tamale Chicken Packets
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 cups coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup chunky salsa, divided
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1
to 1 1/4 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 sheets heavy duty aluminum foil
- Heat grill to medium-high or oven to 450 degrees F. Spray foil with nonstick
- Center one-fourth of corn on each sheet of aluminum foil.
- Top with green pepper, olives, tortilla chips and half of salsa.
- Add chicken; sprinkle with onion salt and chili powder.
- Top with remaining salsa.
- Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal packet, leaving room
for heat circulation inside.
- Repeat to make four packets.
- Grill for 12 to 14 minutes in covered grill or bake for 15 to 18 minutes
on a cookie sheet in oven.
- Sprinkle with cheese before serving.
- Serve with additional salsa and crushed chips, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo credit:
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.