Tamale Chicken Packets
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 cups coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup chunky salsa, divided
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1 1/4 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 sheets heavy duty aluminum foil
- Heat grill to medium-high or oven to 450 degrees F. Spray foil with nonstick
- Center one-fourth of corn on each sheet of aluminum foil.
- Top with green pepper, olives, tortilla chips and half of salsa.
- Add chicken; sprinkle with onion salt and chili powder.
- Top with remaining salsa.
- Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal packet, leaving room
for heat circulation inside.
- Repeat to make four packets.
- Grill for 12 to 14 minutes in covered grill or bake for 15 to 18 minutes
on a cookie sheet in oven.
- Sprinkle with cheese before serving.
- Serve with additional salsa and crushed chips, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo credit: Reynolds Kitchens
Disclaimer: For health reasons, we do not encourage cooking in aluminum foil. We suggest either parchment baking paper or, if grilling, natural cedar wraps.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.