- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 ounces almond paste
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 medium or large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Thoroughly cream the softened butter and almond paste by hand or with a
- Add sugar and almond extract and mi.
- Beat in the egg (if using a mixer, use slowest speed).
- Mix the flour with the salt and add to the butter mixture. Knead for a minute.
- Chill the dough for 30 minutes and mold cookies as directed.
- Bake at 350 degrees F in the top third of your oven for 10 to 12 minutes,
or until the edges start to brown.
Yield 5 - 8 cookies depending on the size of your mold.
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef