Almond Toffee Triangles
Source: The Pampered Chef
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup cold butter or margarine, cut into pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light or dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare Triangle Base.
- Triangle Base: In batter bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat flour, sugar,
butter and salt until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press firmly and evenly into pan.
- Pre-bake in 350 degree F oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Filling: In medium saucepan combine brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and
cream. Bring to boil over medium heat; remove from heat. Stir in almonds and
vanilla extract. Pour over hot crust; spread evenly.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until set and golden.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Cut into 2 1/2-inch squares; cut each in half diagonally to create triangles.
Yield: 4 dozen triangles