Apple Blossom Tartlets
- 1 (6 ounce) package refrigerated flaky biscuits (5 biscuits)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Pantry Korintje Cinnamon
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1/4 cup apple jelly or apricot preserves
- Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Separate biscuits. Split each biscuit horizontally in half to form 10 biscuits;
arrange on Rectangle Stone. Roll biscuits out lightly using Baker's Roller.
- Combine sugar and Cinnamon in Flour/Sugar Shaker; sprinkle half of mixture
- Peel, core and slice apple using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut apple slices
into rings by cutting down one side using Utility Knife. Place one apple ring
over each biscuit. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture over apples.
- To form petals, place Apple Wedger over apple slice, with center holes lined
up. Press and cut through apple slice. Lift Wedger, leaving apple pieces on
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until tartlets are golden brown. Microwave jelly
in Small microwave-Cooker on HIGH for 15-30 seconds or until melted; brush evenly
over apples using Pastry Brush.
- Serve warm with ice cream using Ice Cream Dipper, or whipped topping using
Easy Accent Decorator, if desired.
Yield: 10 servings or 20 sample servings
Nutrients per serving (1 tartlet): Calories 90, Total Fat 2.5 g, Saturated
Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 17 g, Protein 0 g, Sodium 180 mg, Fiber
0 g 1
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef