Apple Cherry Tart
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 package (411g) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 large Granny Smith apples
- 1 (19 ounce/540mL) can cherry pie filling, divided
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Crumb Topping: In Classic Batter Bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon
and butter. Blend thoroughly using Pastry Blender. Chop pecans using Food Chopper,
add to Batter Bowl. Mix well; set aside.
- Tart: Roll pastry on floured board or 13-inch circle. Place on Classic Round Stone.
- Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut slices
crosswise in half; layer apples evenly over crust to within 1 inch of edge of
crust. Spread 1/2 cup of pie filling over apples; sprinkle topping over top.
Fold outer edge of pastry over filling to form rim (Pastry will cover outer
edge of filling only).
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool slightly.
- To serve, cut with Slice 'N Serve . Serve warm with ice cream and remaining
Yield: 12 servings
Per serving: 378 calories; 4g protein; 19g fat; 51g carbohydrate; 152 mg
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef