This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Apple Cream Crumb Cake
- 1 (10.75 ounce) package frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 egg 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut pound cake into 16 slices using serrated
- Cover bottom of 9 x 13-inch baking pan with cake slices.
- In 2-quart bowl combine cream cheese and sugar. Whisk in sour cream, egg
and vanilla until well blended using 10" Whisk; spread evenly over cake slices.
- Peel, core and slice apples. Cut slices crosswise in half; layer apples
evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- In 1-quart bowl, mix crumb topping ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle evenly
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender and crumb topping is golden.
- Serve warm.
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef