Apple Danish Braid
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 packages refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple-flavored syrup
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar until well blended. Add
egg mixing until smooth.
- Chop pecans.
- Unroll 1 package of crescent dough; do not separate. arrange longest sides
of dough across width of 12" x 15" rectangle baking stone. Repeat with remaining
package of dough. Roll dough to seal perforations.
- On longest sides of baking stone, cut dough into strips 1-1/2 inches apart,
3 inches deep using pizza cutter (there will be 6 inches in the center for the
filling). spread half of cream cheese mixture evenly over middle of dough. Peel,
core and slice apples using A/P/C/S. Cut slices crosswise in half; evenly arrange
apple slices over cream cheese mixture.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples. Scoop remaining cream
cheese mixture over apples; sprinkle with pecans. to braid, lift strips of dough
across mixture to meet in center, twisting each strip one turn. Continue alternating
strips to form a braid. Tuck ends under to seal at end of braid.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Remove from oven; brush with syrup using pastry brush. Cut and serve.
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.