Asian Seafood Tart
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Pantry Asian Seasoning Mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package flake-style imitation crabmeat
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup carrot, grated (about 1 small carrot)
- 1/4 cup green onions with tops, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Let pie crusts stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
- Unfold one crust cutting board; roll lightly to smooth seams and form an
even circle. Place in bottom of deep dish baker, pressing into bottom and up
sides. Roll second crust as above. Using scalloped bread tube, cut one piece
out of center of crust; set aside.
- Using a crinkle cutter, cut crust into 12 even wedges. Set aside.
- Separate one egg over bowl using egg separator; set egg white aside.
- Place egg yolk and remaining whole egg into bowl; add Seasoning Mi.
- Chop crabmeat.
- Grate cheese and carrot grater.
- Slice green onions.
- Add crabmeat, cheese, carrot and green onions to egg mixture in bowl; mix
- Beat egg white lightly; brush over bottom crust using pastry brush. Spread
filling onto crust, forming an even layer. Fold edges of crust in towards center,
forming a 1/2-inch border; brush border with egg white. Arrange crust wedges
over filling, with outside edges against sides of baker pan and points toward
the center, in a slightly overlapping pinwheel pattern. Using pastry tool, press
edges to seal top and bottom crusts together. Brush top crust with egg white.
Place reserved scalloped shape cut from pie crust in center; brush with egg
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes on cooling Rack.
- Slice and serve.
Yield: 12 servings or 16 sample servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 230, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol
50 mg, Carbohydrate 21 g, Protein 7 g, Sodium 380 mg, Fiber 0 g
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pampered Chef Recipes