Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 6 bacon slices, crisply cooked, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 loaves Canapé French Bread
- Place cream cheese in Classic Batter Bowl. Gradually stir in dressing; mix
- Remove seeds from tomato; dice tomato using Utility Knife. Reserve 1 tablespoon
- Using Food Chopper, chop bacon, celery and onion. Add tomato, bacon, celery,
onion and sugar to cream cheese mixture; mix well.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 3 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- To serve, line chilled Chillzanne Mini-Bowl with lettuce leaves. Fill with
dip. Garnish with reserved tomato.
- Serve with toasted Canapé French Bread.
Yield: 20 servings (about 2 1/2 cups dip)
Nutrients per serving (2 tablespoons dip): Calories 80, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated
Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 1 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 95 mg, Fiber 0
g Diabetic exchanges per serving (2 tablespoons dip): 1 1/2 fat
Cook's Tips: To soften cream cheese, microwave in batter bowl on HIGH 15
seconds. To cook bacon in microwave oven, line microwave-safe dish with food-safe
paper towels. Place bacon slices in single layer on paper towels; cover with paper
towels. Microwave on HIGH 4-6 minutes or until bacon is crisply cooked.
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef