Bacon Mushroom Quiche
- 1 (9-inch) pie crust
- 1/2 pound (approximately 8 slices) bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups (approximately 2 medium) sliced zucchini
- 2 pressed garlic cloves
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place pie crust in 9-inch Pie Plate according to package directions; set
- Cook bacon over medium heat in Generation II Skillet. Remove bacon; drain
- Reserve 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings and sauté onions, mushrooms, zucchini,
and garlic until tender.
- Add bacon to vegetables and combine.
- Spread vegetable mixture over bottom of pie crust. Sprinkle cheese over
- Whisk eggs, milk, and seasonings together in Batter Bowl.
- Pour egg mixture over cheese.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef