Baked Apple French Toast
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf French bread
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 Granny Smith apples, peeled, sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the bread into 1 1/2-inch slices. Arrange the slices in a single layer
in a lightly greased 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until blended. Whisk in the milk, 1/4 cup
of the sugar and vanilla.
- Pour half the egg mixture over the bread. Arrange the apple slices over
the bread. Pour the remaining egg mixture over the apples.
- Mix the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl. Sprinkle
over the top. Dot with the butter.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the apples are tender.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with maple syrup.
Yield: 12 servings
May be prepared 1 day in advance and stored, covered, in the refrigerator. Bake,
uncovered, for 45 to 50 minutes or until the apples are tender. The recipe may be
divided into 2 equal portions and each portion baked in a quiche dish or 2-quart
baking dish for 20 to 25 minutes.
Per Serving: Calories 290; Fat 9 g; Sodium 322 mg; Dietary Fiber 2 g
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pampered Chef Recipes