Baked Pesto Salmon
- 2 salmon fillets (4-6 ounces each), about 1 inch thick
- 2 small yellow summer squash or zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons prepared basil pesto
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place salmon fillets side by side but not touching on Medium Bar Pan.
- Cut yellow squash crosswise into 1-inch slices using Crinkle Cutter; cut
slices in half.
- Cut onion into 1-inch wedges using Utility Knife.
- In Small Batter Bowl, combine oil, garlic pressed with Garlic Press, salt
and black pepper. Add vegetables; toss to coat.
- Arrange vegetables around salmon on pan.
- Zest lemon using Lemon Zester/Scorer to measure 1/2 teaspoon zest. Juice
lemon using Juicer to measure 2 teaspoons juice.
- In Prep Bowl, combine lemon zest, juice and pesto; mix well. Brush top and
sides of salmon with pesto mixture using Pastry Brush.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with fork and vegetables
- Garnish with additional lemon zest, if desired.
Yield: 2 servings
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef