Banana Walnut Crunch Cake
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 medium bananas)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray fluted pan with vegetable oil.
- For topping combine walnuts, brown sugar, and butter; mix well. Pour walnut
mixture into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- In classic 2- quart Batter Bowl, combine cake mix, walnuts, and cinnamon.
- Add eggs, bananas, water, and oil; mix 2 minutes or until well blended and
pour into pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until cake tester inserted near center of cake
comes out clean.
- Carefully invert pan immediately onto nonstick cooling rack to remove cake.
- Cool for 30 minutes.
Yield: 16 servings
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef