Bananas Foster Dip
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, chopped
- 1 medium banana, coarsely chopped
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (12 ounce) jar hot caramel ice cream topping
- 2 apples, cut into wedges, or butter cookies
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chop pecans and banana using Food Chopper. Zest lemon using Lemon Zester/Scorer
to measure 1 teaspoon zest; chop zest using Utility Knife.
- Juice lemon to measure 1 tablespoon juice.
- Combine banana, lemon zest, juice, cinnamon and ice cream topping in Classic
Batter Bowl; mix well using Small Mix 'N Scraper(R). Pour mixture into Small
Oval Baker. Sprinkle pecans over caramel mixture.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
- Cut apples into wedges using Crinkle Cutter.
- Serve dip with apples or butter cookies.
Yield: 16 servings or 24 sample servings
Nutrients per serving: (Light) (2 tablespoons dip and 2 apple slices): Calories
130, Total Fat 4.5 g, Saturated Fat .5 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 26 g, Protein
1 g, Sodium 45 mg, Fiber less than 1 g
Pantry Korintje Cinnamon can be substituted for the ground cinnamon, if desired.
Dip the apple wedges into additional lemon juice to prevent them from turning
Try this dessert as a topping over scoops of ice cream or slices of pound cake.
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef