Barbecue Bacon Squares
- 1 (10 ounce) package refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Barbecue Seasoning Mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly sprinkle a rectangle stone with flour using. Unroll pizza crust
onto baking stone. Roll to edge of baking stone.
- In a bowl, combine ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar and seasoning mix; mix
- Spread sauce over crust to within 1/2 inch of edge.
- Coarsely chop water chestnuts. Sprinkle water chestnuts and bacon over sauce.
Grate cheese evenly over pizza.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
- Snip parsley and sprinkle over pizza.
- Cut into 15 squares and serve.
Yield: 15 appetizer squares or 24 sample servings
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef