Barbecue Beef Bundles
- 3/4 pound lean (90%) ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Pantry Barbecue Seasoning Mix
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese, grated, divided (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup green onions with tops, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 (17.3 ounce) package grand-size flaky or buttermilk biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 1 (10.2 ounce) package grand-size flaky or buttermilk biscuits (5 biscuits)
- Cook ground beef in large (10-inch) skillet over medium heat 8-10 minutes
or until beef is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain and set aside.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In small bowl, combine ketchup, vinegar and
Seasoning Mix; mix well and set aside.
- Grate cheese. Slice green onions. Chop bell pepper. In a bowl, combine cooked
beef, 1/2 cup of the cheese, green onions, bell pepper, garlic pressed with
Garlic Press and half of the barbecue sauce; mix well.
- Separate 12 biscuits and place on cutting board. (Discard remaining biscuit
or set aside for another use.) Using a roller, roll each biscuit into a 5-inch
disk, flouring dough as needed. Using a large scoop, divide beef mixture evenly
onto center of each biscuit.
- Gather up edges of dough over filling, pinching lightly to seal. Place biscuits,
seam side down, into muffin pan. Do not press down into cup. Using serrated
bread knife, cut through top of each bundle, making a crisscross pattern.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle remaining cheese evenly over bundles. Remove
from pan to cooling rack.
- Serve with remaining barbecue sauce.
Yield: 12 servings or 24 sample servings
Nutrients per serving (1 bundle): Calories 320, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated
Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 36 g, Protein 12 g, Sodium 1090 mg, Fiber
less than 1 g
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef