Barbecue Chicken Pie
Source: The Pampered Chef
- 1/2 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie crust (1 crust)
- 4 green onions with
tops, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 block (8 ounces) sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 container (8 ounces)
reduced-fat sour cream
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Let pie crust stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Place pie crust in Deep Dish Pie Plate, gently pressing dough into bottom
and up sides; prick bottom.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown; cool completely.
- Thinly slice green onions; set aside. Thinly slice half of the cheese. Grate
remaining cheese using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Set cheese aside.
- Place chicken in Large Micro-Cooker®. Add barbecue sauce; toss to coat.
Microwave on HIGH 3-4 minutes or until mixture is hot, stirring after 2
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the grated cheese and half of the green onions.
- To assemble pie, line bottom and sides of crust with sliced cheese. Spoon
chicken mixture into crust, spreading evenly. Sprinkle top of pie with remaining
- Using Easy Accent® Decorator, pipe sour cream around edge of pie.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half and place on top of sour cream, cut sides
up. Garnish with remaining green onions.
Yield: 8 servings
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help maintain Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.