Barbecue Snack Mix
Perfect for picnics or TV snacking, this sweet and spicy mix has sure-fire flavor
of hickory and mesquite.
Cook's Tips: Corn or rice cereal squares can be used in this, but we prefer cereal with corn on one side and rice on the other. You can substitute 2 cups corn chips for pretzels, if you like.
For easy entertaining, make this snack mix the day before your get-together and store it in an airtight container at room temperature.
- 3 cups bite-size crispy corn-rice cereal
- 2 cups bite-size Cheddar cheese crackers
- 2 cups oyster crackers
- 2 cups miniature pretzel twists
- 1 cup whole natural almonds (optional)
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons Pantry Barbecue Seasoning Mix
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Combine cereal, crackers, pretzels and almonds in Rectangular Baker; set
- Place butter in Small Micro-Cooker; microwave on HIGH for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes
or until melted.
- Stir in seasoning mix, brown sugar, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce. Pour
evenly over ingredients in baker. Stir gently until well coated using Mix 'N
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Pour out onto large sheet of Parchment Paper to cool.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature.
Yield: 9 cups (18 servings) | Prep: 10 min | Bake: 45 min | Cool: 10 min
Nutrients per serving (1/2 cup): Calories 140, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat
2.5 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Carbohydrate 18 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 350 g, Fiber 0
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef