Bavarian Snack Ring
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained, rinsed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened, cut into pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- Sliced green onions, if desired
- Fresh parsley sprigs, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add sausage, onion and garlic;
cook 8 to 10 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
Drain. Add sauerkraut and cream cheese; mix until cheese is slightly melted.
- Unroll dough into 8 triangles. Arrange triangles on flat stoneware pan with
shortest sides toward center, overlapping in wreath shape and leaving 4-inch
circle open in center. (Crescent dough points will overlap edge of pan.) Spoon
sausage mixture on widest part of dough. Pull end points toward center, over
sausage mixture in pinwheel design; tuck under dough to form ring.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions and parsley.
- Serve warm.
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef