Black Bean Salsa Dip
Tortilla Bowl and Tortilla Chips
- 14 (7-inch) flour tortillas, divided
- 1 egg white
- 2 (8 ounce) packages fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Southwestern seasoning mix
- 2 green onions with tops, thinly sliced, divided
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 (3.25 ounce) can pitted ripe olives, drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8.75 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- Tortilla Bowl: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brush 5 of the tortillas with egg white. Using a pizza cutter, cut tortillas
in half. With flat edges facing right, arrange tortillas, egg white side up,
in an overlapping pinwheel pattern in deep dish pie plate (edges of tortillas
will extend beyond edge of pie plate).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to rack; cool completely.
- Tortilla Chips: Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F.
- Cut each remaining tortilla into 8 triangles; arrange in single layer over
flat baking stone.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp.
- Remove from baking stone; cool completely on cooling rack.
- Repeat with remaining tortilla triangles.
- Dip: Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise and seasoning mix in small bowl;
whisk until smooth.
- Attach closed star tip to a decorator. Fill decorator with 1 cup of the
cream cheese mixture; set aside.
- Spread remaining cream cheese mixture over bottom and halfway up sides of
- Slice green onions using; set aside 2 tablespoons for garnish. Dice bell
pepper and chop olives.
- In bowl, combine green onions, bell pepper, olives, salsa, garlic, beans
and corn; mix well. Spoon half of the salsa mixture over cream cheese layer.
Pipe half of the reserved cream cheese mixture in a zigzag pattern over salsa
layer. Top with remaining salsa mixture. Pipe a decorative border around edge
of bowl using decorator. Sprinkle with reserved green onions.
- To serve, place pie plate on a platter; arrange tortilla chips around edge
Yield: 24 servings
Nutrients per serving: (Light) (1/4 cup dip, 3 chips): Calories 110, Total
Fat 2 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 18 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium
420 mg, Fiber 2 g
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef