Black Bean Salsa with Toasted Cornbread Slices
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, recipe, chopped and include the green tops
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, snipped
- 1 giant garlic clove, pressed or chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (11.5 ounce) package refrigerated cornbread twists
- Chop tomatoes and green onions. Coarsely snip cilantro. Combine with tomatoes
and pressed garlic. Add lime juice to mixture. Add beans, salt, pepper, mix
gently. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours to blend flavors.
- Serve on warm bread.
- Toasted Cornbread Slices: Heat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray inside
of bread tube and caps with vegetable oil. Cap bottom of bread tubes; fill with
dough and place the cap on. Bake upright 40 to 50 minutes or till ends are golden
brown. Remove to a rack; cool completely.
- Put cornbread slices on round baking stone. Lightly spray cornbread slices
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Yield: 24 slices
Can add 1 cup whole kernel corn, drained.
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef