This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Black Forest Angel Roll
This is a chocolate-flavored angel food cake filled with luscious cherry pie filling. Garnished with whipped topping, it's a heavenly dessert.
- 1 package angel food cake mix
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate syrup
- 1 1/2 cups Cool Whip Lite, thawed
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut an 18-inch long piece of Parchment Paper.
Press into bottom and up sides of Stoneware Bar Pan.
- Add cocoa powder to angel food cake mix and prepare batter according to
package directions. Pour batter over Parchment Paper; spread evenly. Cut through
batter with Classic Scraper to remove large air bubbles.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched with
- Turn cake out at once onto a sheet of parchment paper sprinkled with confectioners'
sugar using Flour/Sugar Shaker.
- Gently remove Parchment Paper and roll up cake in sugared Parchment Paper
as for a jelly roll. Cook on Nonstick Cooling Rack. Unroll cake; discard Parchment
Paper. Spread pie filing to within 1 inch of edge; re-roll. Sprinkle with additional
powdered sugar, if desired. Slice into 1 inch slices using Serrated Bread Knife.
- For each serving drizzle with 1 to 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup; top with
Yield: 12 servings
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef