Black Forest Torte
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box devil's food cake mix (plus cake mix ingredients)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract, divided
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package white chocolate instant pudding mix & pie filling
- 1 (24 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray Deep Dish Baker with vegetable oil using
- Prepare cake mix as directed; pour batter into Baker.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until Cake Tester comes out clean.
- Cool on Non-Stick Rack completely.
- Cut cool cake in half horizontally using Serrated Bread Knife.
- Combine sour cream, whipped topping and 1/2 teaspoon of the almond extract
in Classic Batter Bowl using Stainless Steel Whisk. Add pudding mix and whisk
vigorously until mixture is blended and very thick. Fill Easy Accent Decorator
with cream filling; set aside.
- Spread remaining filling over bottom cake layer using Large Spreader.
- In Small Batter Bowl, combine pie filling with remaining 1/4 teaspoon of
almond extract. Carefully spread half of the pie filling over cream layer.
- Top with remaining cake later. Using Easy Accent Decorator, pipe cream filling
around top of cake, 1 inch from edge. Fill center with remaining pie filling.
Chop almonds using Food Chopper; sprinkle over pie filling.
- Serve using Slice 'N Serve.
Yield: 16 servings
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.