Blazing Saddles Chili
- 5 pounds boneless sirloin tip (remove all visible fat and connecting tissue), cut into 3/8-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium white onions, minced
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle or can beer
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can hot water
- 3 cubes beef stock
- 8 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 5 tablespoons paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon enhancer
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 11 tablespoons unblended chili powder
- 5 1/2 tablespoons cumin (fine ground)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chili japones or chili arbol (for additional heat)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a frying pan, brown meat with olive oil until gray in color. Return meat
and natural juices to cooking pot.
- Sauté onions in 1 tablespoon olive oil until translucent. Return to pot.
Add beer, tomato sauce, hot water, beef stock, 1/2 of the garlic, 2 tablespoon
paprika, 1/8 teaspoon salt, flavor enhancer and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Simmer over low heat for 2 hours until meat is tender. Be sure pot has a
tight lid, as this will help the tenderizing process. Stir occasionally.
- When meat is tender, add remaining garlic, unblended chili powder, cumin,
3 tablespoons paprika, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and chili japones.
- Continue cooking 15 more minutes.
- Turn heat off and let set for 1-2 hours so that the flavor of the spices
is absorbed, then turn the heat back on and continue to simmer for 1 additional
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pampered Chef Recipes