Blushing Berry Pie
- 1/2 packet frozen ready-rolled piecrust defrosted
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, divided
- 4 ounces white chocolate, broken into squares
- 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons powdered gelatin
- 1 (8 ounce) package full fat soft cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) carton crème fraîche
- 5 tablespoons lemon curd
- 2 ounces icing sugar
- 8 ounces fresh raspberries
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Let piecrust stand at room temperature for
- Place pastry round in Deep Dish Pie Plate. Gently press dough into bottom
and up sides of plate using Baker’s Roller™. Prick bottom and sides of pastry
case using pastry tool; decoratively flute edge.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Rinse strawberries and pat dry. Select 8 uniformly-sized strawberries for
decoration. Slice each strawberry in half using Paring Knife, leaving stems
on each half; set aside. Hull remaining strawberries using Cook's Corer™; slice
using Egg Slicer Plus™.
- Place white chocolate in Large Micro-Cooker®. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute;
stir every 20 seconds or until melted and smooth. Dip strawberry halves in melted
chocolate; place cut-side down on a sheet of Parchment Paper.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, spread remaining melted chocolate over bottom of baked pastry
using Skinny Scraper. Layer sliced strawberries over bottom of crust; set aside.
Finely zest lemon using Lemon Zester/Scorer; set aside. Juice lemon using Juicer.
Add cold water to juice to measure 3 1/2 fl ounces. Place lemon juice mixture
in Small Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30-50 seconds or until liquid is hot
but not boiling. Sprinkle gelatin over hot liquid; whisk until dissolved. Cool
- Combine soft cheese, crème fraîche, lemon zest, lemon curd and icing sugar
in Classic Batter Bowl; mix until smooth. Add dissolved gelatin; whisk until
smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk. Spread cheese mixture evenly over strawberries.
Arrange raspberries evenly over top of pie filling. Place dipped strawberry
halves around edge of pie.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Serve using Slice ’N Serve®.
Yield: 8 servings
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef