Boston Cream Torte
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
- 2 cups thawed, frozen whipped topping, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) container prepared creamy chocolate frosting, divided
- 2 tablespoons pecan halves, chopped
- Powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour three Nonstick Cake Pans.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions; divide batter equally
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes out
clean. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool 5 minutes.
- Remove cakes from pans; cool completely.
- Combine milk and pudding mix in Small Batter Bowl; whisk just until mixture
begins to thicken using Stainless Steel Whisk. Immediately fold in 1 cup of
the whipped topping using Classic Scraper.
- Place one cake layer, top-side down, onto Simple Additions(TM) Medium Square.
Spread one-third of the chocolate frosting to edge of cake layer using Large
Spreader. Spread half of the pudding mixture evenly over frosting layer using
Small Spreader. Top with second cake layer, one-third of the frosting and remaining
pudding mixture. Place third cake layer over second cake layer; spread remaining
frosting over top of cake. Allow cake to stand 5-10 minutes or until frosting
- Attach open star tip to Easy Accent(R) Decorator; fill with remaining whipped
topping. Chop pecans using Food Chopper. Place Swirl Stencil over top of cake.
Sprinkle generously with powdered sugar; carefully remove stencil. Pipe a whipped
topping border around top edge of cake; sprinkle border with pecans.
- Serve using Slice 'N Serve(R).
Yield: 12 servings or 24 sample servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 490, Total Fat 22 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol
55 mg, Carbohydrate 70 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 490 mg, Fiber less than 1 g
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.