Brownie Pudding Cake
Source: The Pampered Chef
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons
unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For pudding, combine all ingredients in medium bowl; pour into greased 8-inch
square baking dish.
- For topping, combine sugar and cocoa in small bowl; gradually stir in boiling
water. Pour over pudding. Do not stir.
- Bake for 45 minutes. (Topping will sink and pudding will rise to the top.)
- Serve topped with sweetened whipped cream, if desired.
Yield: 6-8 servings