Bubble Up Skillet Dinner
- 1 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 16 ounces seasoned pork or beef taco meat
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups refrigerated prepared masa (dough) for tamales
- Chop peppers and onion with Food Chopper; set aside.
- Place seasoned beef in Large (10-inch) Skillet. Cook beef mixture over medium-high
heat 10-15 minutes or until meat crumbles and begins to brown. Remove skillet
from heat; carefully drain fat.
- Add peppers, onion, corn and garlic pressed with Garlic Press to skillet.
Stir in enchilada sauce; mix well using Mix 'N Scraper(R). Gently drop 12 level
scoops of prepared masa mixture using Medium Scoop on top of meat mixture. Cover
skillet with lid.
- Return skillet to stove top. Simmer over medium-low heat 14-16 minutes or
until masa is slightly puffed and begins to set. Remove skillet from heat; place
on Silicone Hot Pad/Trivet.
- Serve immediately using Nylon Spoon.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 370, Total Fat 22 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol
65 mg, Carbohydrates 65 g, Protein 18 g, Sodium 300 mg, Fiber 4 g
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.