Butter Pecan Chocolate Fudge
- 1 (6 ounce) package pecan halves
- 1 cup (6 ounces) butterscotch morsels
- 1 (16 ounce) container prepared vanilla frosting, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate squares for baking, coarsely chopped, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread pecans in even layer over bottom of Small Bar Pan; bake for 20 minutes
or until lightly toasted.
- Remove to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely. Remove nuts from bar
- Line bottom of bar pan with 8 1/2 X 10-inch square of Parchment Paper.
- Combine butterscotch morsels and half of the frosting in Small (2-quart) Saucepan.
Heat over low heat, stirring until melted and smooth. Add nuts, stirring to
coat evenly. Spread butterscotch mixture evenly over parchment paper using Small
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the chopped chocolate for garnish. In same saucepan,
combine remaining chocolate and remaining frosting. Heat over low heat, stirring
until melted and smooth. Carefully pour chocolate mixture over butterscotch
layer in bar pan; spread evenly using Small Spreader.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until set.
- Invert bar pan onto cutting board. Carefully peel parchment from fudge.
Place reserved 1/2 cup chocolate and oil in Small Micro-Cooker®. Microwave,
uncovered, on HIGH 1-1 1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
Spread chocolate over top of fudge.
- Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes or until firm.
- Cut into 64 squares.
- Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.
Yield: 64 pieces
Nutrients per serving: (1 piece): Calories 80, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat
2 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 9 g, Protein less than 1 g, Sodium 10 mg, Fiber
less than 1 g
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef