Pampered Chef Recipes
Buttery Onion Braid
Yield: 1 pound loaf (10 servings)
- 1 (1 pound) loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Divide dough into thirds. Roll each section into a 36 inch rope.
- Combine butter, onion, and poppy seeds in a large bowl. Dip each rope in mixture and place side by side on a large cookie sheet. Pinch 3 ropes together at one end. Braid ropes. Transfer completed braid to Deep Dish Baker. Shape into a circle, pinching ends together to seal. Pour any remaining butter mixture over top of braid. Cover with Baking Bowl and allow to rise in a warm place until doubled.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and continue to bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove Baking Bowl and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
Per serving: Approximately 169 calories and 8 gram of fat
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef