California Lemon Crunch Cake
- 1 (7 ounce) package shredded coconut
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1/2 cups oats (quick or old-fashioned)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (8 ounce) carton regular or lite whipped topping
- 2 (8 ounce) cartons low-fat lemon yogurt
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place coconut in single layer in a 9 x 13-inch baker. Bake 18 to 20 minutes
until coconut is lightly toasted, stirring every so often. Cool completely and
- Crust: In Batter Bowl beat butter and brown sugar until creamy. Add oats,
nuts, flour, cinnamon and baking soda; beating well. Reserve 1 cup of the toasted
coconut for the topping. Using the Mix ‘n Scraper stir remaining coconut
into crust mixture in the Batter Bowl. Press dough onto bottom of 9 x 13-inch
Baker that you used for the coconut.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- Topping: In clean Batter Bowl; using Mix ‘n Scraper combine whipped
topping, yogurt and lemon peel. Spread mixture evenly over cooled crust. Sprinkle
with reserved coconut, pressing coconut into topping mixture lightly. Cover
and then chill.
- Cut into squares. Using Lemon Zester/Scorer; zest lemon and garnish dessert
with a little bit of zest on each square.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
Yield: 15 servings
Approximately 210 Calories and 16 Grams of fat per serving
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.