For the "Valtrompia" tubes
This makes a dense and crusty bread, ideal for hors d'oeuvres, etc. For a
taste variation add one teaspoon sage, dill or other herbs to dough.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/3 cup very warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 package yeast
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 to 4 cups flour
- In measuring cup, stir warm water, sugar and yeast. Let stand for 5 minutes,
stirring occasionally until mixture is foamy.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl stir together milk, butter, and salt. Next, add
yeast mixture and stir all together. Add 2 1/2 cups of flour, blend together,
then stir in as much of remaining flour as necessary to form soft dough. Turn
onto lightly floured board, knead for 7 minutes, adding as much of remaining
flour as necessary to form a smooth ball. Put into greased bowl, turn dough
all around until greased all over. Cover with plastic wrap. Put in a warm draft-free
place to rise until double in bulk.
- Punch down. Divide dough in half, roll into a log 2 inches shorter than
mold and insert in mold.
- Cap and bake at 400 degrees F for 60 to 70 minutes.
- Remove from mold.
Yield: 2 loaves
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pampered Chef Recipes