Candy Cane Coffee Cake
Nothing will brighten your holiday gatherings more than this warm, fruit-filled
- 1 (16 ounce) pouch Pantry Pizza Crust & Roll Mix (including yeast packet)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup very warm milk (120 to 130 degrees F)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 3/4 cup dried fruit morsel blend (such as dried cranberries, apples and cherries)
- 1/2 cup cherry preserves
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Coffee Cake: Combine pizza crust & roll mix, yeast packet and granulated
sugar in Classic Batter Bowl.
- Using Egg Separator, separate 1 egg white from yolk; reserve white. Add
milk, butter, whole egg and egg yolk to batter bowl. Stir until mixture forms
- Turn dough out onto well-floured surface. With floured hands, knead dough
5 minutes. Sprinkle additional flour over surface as needed to reduce stickiness.
Cover; let dough rest 5 minutes.
- Chop pecans with Food Chopper; combine with fruit morsels in Small Batter
Bowl. Place dough in center of lightly floured Rectangle Stone; roll into 12
x 15-inch rectangle with lightly floured Baker's Roller. Using Skinny Scraper,
spread preserves in 6-inch strip lengthwise down center of dough to within 1/4
inch of each end; sprinkle fruit mixture evenly over preserves.
- Cut 1-inch-wide strips on each side of fruit filling to within 1/2 inch
of filling. Lift strips of dough across filling to meet in center, twisting
each strip one turn; pinch together in center to seal. Tuck ends up to seal.
Lift and stretch one end of shaped dough using lightly floured Large Serving
Spatula; curve to form cane. Cover; let rise in warm place 30 minutes.
- Lightly beat reserved egg white with 1 tablespoon water; brush over dough
using Pastry Brush. Bake 20 to 23 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Glaze: Mix powdered sugar and milk until smooth; drizzle over warm coffee
cake. Cool 15 minutes.
- Cut into 1-inch slices using Serrated Bread Knife.
Yield: 15 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 250, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g,
Cholesterol 40 mg, Carbohydrate 42 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 330 mg, Fiber less than
Cook's Tips: One 16 ounce package of hot roll mix can be substituted for
the Pizza Crust & Roll Mix, if desired.
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.