Cheesy Crab Dip
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 (8 ounce) package imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions with tops
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, chopped
- 1 loaf Canapé French Bread slices, toasted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine cream cheese and mayonnaise in Classic Batter Bowl; mix well using
Small Mix 'N Scraper(R).
- Press garlic into batter bowl using Garlic Press; mix well.
- Chop crabmeat using Food Chopper.
- Grate Swiss cheese using Deluxe Cheese Grater.
- Thinly slice green onions using Utility Knife.
- Dice bell pepper using Chef's Knife.
- Using Juicer, juice lemon to measure 1 tablespoon juice.
- Add crabmeat, Swiss cheese, green onions, bell pepper, lemon juice and hot
pepper sauce to batter bowl; mix well.
- Spoon crabmeat mixture into Mini-Baker. Chop almonds using Food Chopper;
sprinkle over dip.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown around edges.
- Serve with toasted Canapé French Bread
Yield: 3 cups (12 servings or 24 sample servings)
Nutrients per serving: (1/4 cup dip): Calories 200, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated
Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Carbohydrate 4 g, Protein 7 g, Sodium 290 mg, Fiber
Substituting reduced-fat (Neufchatel) cream cheese and
light mayonnaise for the cream cheese and mayonnaise reduces the calories to 150
and total fat to 10 grams per serving.
If desired, 2 cans (6 ounces each) white
crabmeat, drained and flaked, can be substituted for the imitation crabmeat.
Cut shapes from red bell pepper using Creative Cutters for an attractive garnish.
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef