Cheesy Spinach Pinwheels
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1/3 cup gourmet spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs
- 4 (1 ounce) slices thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/2 cup packed spinach leaves
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Separate dough into four rectangles on
smooth side of Large Grooved Cutting Board. Press seams to seal.
- Using Small Spreader, spread each rectangle with about 1 1/2
tablespoons cheese to within 1/4 inch of edges. Top with 1 slice
ham and spinach leaves.
- Starting at short side, roll up each rectangle; pinch edges
to seal. Cut each roll crosswise into six slices using Serrated
Bread Knife for a total of 24 slices. Place slices, cut side
down, on Large Round Stone.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack.
- Serve warm using Mini-Serving Spatula.
Yield: 24 pinwheels
Nutrients per serving: (1 pinwheel): Calories 60, Total
Fat 3.5 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Carbohydrate
4 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 160 mg, Fiber 0 g
Cook's Tip: If desired, 1/3 cup regular cream cheese spread,
1 garlic clove pressed with the Garlic Press and 1/2 teaspoon
Pantry Italian Seasoning Mix can be substituted for the flavored
gourmet spreadable cheese.
Variation: Holiday Pinwheel Wreath: Double ingredients for pinwheels.
Slice each roll into four slices for a total of 32 slices. Arrange
11 slices in a slightly overlapping circular pattern, leaving
a 5-inch-diameter opening in center of baking stone. Arrange
remaining slices outside of the first ring, slightly
overlapping each other but not touching the first ring. Bake
18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef