Cherry Cheese Coffee Cake
Cake and Filling
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent rolls
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Unroll crescent dough and arrange 12 of the triangles in a circle with wide
ends toward the outside edge of the Large Round Stone - the points will not
meet in the center. Lightly flour and roll out the seams making a 14" circle
with a 3" hole in the center.
- Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, egg and vanilla and spread over
dough. Top with pie filling.
- Cut each of the 4 remaining triangles into thirds (starting at the wide
end opposite the point and cutting lengthwise to the point). Arrange over filling
evenly in spoke-like pattern. Press ends to seal at center and outer edges.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly.
- Mix powdered sugar and milk until glaze consistency and drizzle over coffee
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef