Chocolate Almond Cheesecake
- 1/2 (9 ounce) package chocolate wafer cookies (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels, melted
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place cookies in a large self-sealing plastic bag. Crush into fine crumbs
using Dough and Pizza Roller.
- Place butter in 1 Quart Batter Bowl and microwave on High for 45 seconds
or until butter melts.
- Add nuts, sugar and cookie crumbs; mix well. Press crumb mixture onto bottom
of Springform Pan fitted with flat bottom.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, place cream cheese in Classic 2 Quart Batter Bowl. Mix with 10-inch
whisk until soft and creamy. Whisk in sugar until well combined. Whisk in eggs,
milk, and almond extract. Whisk in melted chocolate. Pour batter over slightly
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes until center is just set. Remove
from oven. Cool 20 minutes on cooling rack.
- Carefully run sharp knife around edges of cheesecake. Allow to cool to room
temperature; cover with foil and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled. Release
side clamp and remove collar. Use Easy Accent Decorator fitted with fluted tip
to pipe whipped topping around outer edges of cake.
Yield: 10 to 12 servings.
Approximately 636 calories and 45 grams of fat per serving
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef