Chocolate Almond Shortbread
Source: Pampered Chef
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 ounces milk chocolate
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, roasted
- Cream butter until fluffy; beat in sugar. Stir in chocolate. Gradually beat
in the flour. Stir in almonds.
- Pat dough into a 1/2 inch thick rectangle on an ungreased baking stone.
Prick top all over with a fork. Score top with a knife tip into serving size
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F until firm and delicately browned
(about 30 minutes).
- Cool slightly on the baking stone and then remove to a wire rack.
Yield: about 1 1/2 dozen