This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Chocolate Cherry Skillet Cake
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (11.7 ounce) jar hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Frozen vanilla yogurt or thawed, frozen fat-free whipped topping (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray Family (12-in.) Skillet with
oil using Kitchen Spritzer.
- Separate eggs over Classic Batter Bowl using Egg Separator; set yolks aside
for another use. Lightly whisk egg whites.
- Add pie filling, water and almond extract; mix well.
- Add cake mix; mix until well blended using Classic Scraper. Pour batter
over bottom of skillet, spreading evenly.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes
- Using Oven Mitts, carefully remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack;
cool 10 minutes.
- Loosen edges of cake with Skinny Scraper. Carefully invert cake onto Round
Platter or large, heat-safe serving plate.
- Using Skinny Scraper, stir ice cream topping until smooth; carefully spread
evenly over top of cake. Sprinkle almonds evenly around top edge of cake. Cut
into wedges using Slice 'N Serve(R).
- Serve warm with frozen yogurt or whipped topping, if desired.
Yield: 16 servings or 24 sample servings
Nutrients per serving: (Light): Calories 270, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat
2 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 47 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 330 mg, Fiber 2 g
Cook's Tip: To toast almonds in the microwave oven, place almonds in Small Oval
Baker; microwave on HIGH 5-7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring after each
30-second interval. Cool completely.
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef