Chocolate Truffle Tart
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (9-inch) pie shell, baked
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the whipping cream and milk in a heavy 2 quart saucepan. Cook over
medium heat until hot, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Add the chocolate,
stirring until blended. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the egg. Spoon the chocolate mixture into the baked tart of pie
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the filling is set and firm to the touch.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Serve at room temperature for a soft, custard texture or serve chilled for
a fudgy texture.
- Garnish with whipped cream.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 327 Calories; 24g Fat (61.6% calories
from fat); 4g Protein; 29g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 55mg Cholesterol; 169mg
Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 4 1/2 Fat; 1
Recipe credit: Pampered Chef