Coconut Almond Brownie Squares
Source: The Pampered Chef
- 1 (19-21 ounce) package) fudge brownie mix (plus ingredients to make cake-like
- 1 (10 ounce) package sweetened flaked coconut (3 3/4 cups)
- 1 (11.5
ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed
- 1 (2.25 ounce) package sliced natural almonds (2/3 cup)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray stoneware bar pan with nonstick cooking
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions for cake-like brownies
in a bowl. Spread evenly in pan.
- Bake 16-18 minutes; do not over-bake.
- Layer coconut and chocolate chunks over brownie base. Pour sweetened condensed
milk evenly over coconut and chocolate chunks. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake 20-23 minutes or until edges of coconut are deep golden brown and almonds
are lightly toasted.
- Cool completely on cooling rack.
- Cut into bars.
Yield: 24 bars